Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Dress a Week #5 (In which the dress is really more of a baby burrito papoose thingy.)


This swaddler/ snuggler was made using Lotta Jansdotter's free pattern on Craft.com. I went with this orange but feminine print, because I love orange on little girls. 

I couldn't really justify making another dress this week after getting so many cute clothes as gifts over the weekend. I thought this would be more practical. I remember Hendrix loving to be swaddled tight when he was little. It really did work to calm him down, but he was a hulk baby- he's always been freakishly strong- and was wrestling his way out of our tightest efforts by 2 months old. 


This swaddler has lots of velcro, so hopefully it will serve as a more effective baby straight jacket :)





I can almost picture her little head poking out the top of the burrito. 



On this week's agenda is scraping together a 2nd birthday party for next weekend. Remember how some of you guys were a little impressed with his first birthday? Things may be a little different this year... like lucky if anything remotely cute happens. We are really hoping for nice weather so it can be in the park, where slides and swings win over cute every time. 











7 comments:

  1. I love the fabric. I failed at being a swaddler, I think it's because my inherent personality hates the idea of being confined or trapped. So, my poor babies didn't/don't get swaddled. I guess we'll all survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute fabric! I think I might have a scrap of that around here somewhere!

    My kiddo was a preemie so way too small for the store bought velcro swaddler thingies I bought before she was born. By the time she fit them, she was strong enough to bust out of them :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad you snatched those mocs up! they are darling. your little girl is going to be so well dressed with all of these cute clothes you are making her! good luck - i am still on newborn baby high so i am very excited for you! oh, and your package will ship tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the fabric!! <3

    I'm snagging a button and throwing it on my blog! You're blog rocks <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute! I love the fabric and all the velcro is a great idea. I made a snuggle cocoon too a couple weeks ago, but I did it in a loose crochet because it's too hot here for something nice and snuggly warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS FOR THE INFO...I'AM HAVING MY FIRST GRANDCHILD;;;I FINALLY HAVE A REASON TO SEW AGAIN...SWADDLERS ARE SOOO EXPENSIVE. TKS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a video on YouTube about a baby who stops crying when she hears biggie smalls music. I looked through her other videos and there was one from when she was a baby and she had one of these swaddlers on and I thought how neat. Then wala...next time I logged into pinterest there was your swaddler. I have a baby nephew coming into the world soon and I will make him one. I hope it works!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.