Monday, March 7, 2011

A Dress a Week #2


Second week into my goal and I haven't flaked. (Pats self on back.) The thing about girly little girl dresses is that they're so fun they practically make themselves. I don't think I'll have too much trouble continuing my one a week goal. See my first one here. 

I used these instructions for this little jumper, and AM Horner's Woodcut in Passion fabric. My favorite part is the buttons. They are from my grandmother's vintage button collection which my mom recently gave me some of. Aren't they the perfect color? They are actually just sewed onto the straps because I was too lazy to learn how to make button holes. But the back of the straps are unattached so that I can fit them to baby girl, so I will probably have to learn by that time. 




I also made a quick new nursing cover this week, since my old one is blue with robots. I actually bought that deep red fabric intending it for this project, but then I cut through the middle of it in the completely wrong place. So it became the jumper, but I'm glad it did. I like this bright yellow fabric, I just feel like it might scream, "Hey look everyone! My boob is out under here!" which would just be silly :)









6 comments:

  1. I hope to.have a girl someday :)..... what and where on that yellow fabric? I MUST have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making this one soon.
    Thanks for looking out for my non-functioning links. Blog friends/real friends are good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Jessica! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey *waves* I found you on the 30 Days of Lists flickr group :) Just had a peek through your blog, lmao at the 'my boob is under here' comment, & am so jealous of your sewing skills so of course had to start following you! Can't wait to see more of your work :)
    ~ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric for the nursing cover is to die for! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those of you looking for the yellow fabric--we have it at Sewn Studio! Just came in with lots of great graphic black/white/yellow and black/white/red fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.