Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Second Potholder Entry

I ended up getting 4 entries done in time for the sewing machine contest! It was really fun, and if nothing else, I got lots of bias tape practice. 

Nick and I had a fun photo shoot with all of them this afternoon during H's nap, and I really think the pictures will help me with style points. He is really talented. (He dabbles in wedding photography with Nathan at Fyrefly Photography.) And on a side note about Nick, he was a little worried that I painted a picture of him as a tyrant husband when I said he was going to "let me sew" all day Tuesday. Of course, that's not the case and he would be happy for me to sew anytime I want to, and I just meant that he had kindly offered to be completely in charge of Hendrix all day so that I was freed up, but I'm sure you knew that. Anyway, geeez, get out of my personal bizness. 

Here's my second potholder-

The embroidered piece is one of these linens I got at an antique market. Then I freezer-paper stenciled the bird (Put a Bird On It!) and quilted all the layers together. I'm a big fan of this one.


And here's the money shot for my first entry-

Much better than a phone picture, don't you think?


I have two more to show you later in the week, and there may or may not be a tutorial to go along with them. No promises from me, I can't even commit to a brand of toothpaste. 
















4 comments:

  1. Jessica! I hope you win! I love the 1st one! I would be really EXTREMELY suprised if you didn't win.... not just saying that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That birdie potholder is gorgeous!!! So creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bird one! You're very talented. My only wish, other than you winning the contest, is that I could live close enough to get lessons and craft with you while our wee ones play together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Nick reads and then is concerned about how he looks to your readers.

    I really really love them both, but there's something about the black bird one, lovely!

    Looking forward to seeing the others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.